Floating vinyl plank flooring is installed without fastening it to the subfloor. Depending on the type of plank flooring, some designs can be locked in place without any glue. Other ‘floating’ designs call for loose-lay, full spread or perimeter glue installation.
Innovative design methods have resulted in a specialized product such as floating vinyl plank flooring, which is a tough and reliable alternative to natural materials. These floors create individuality in any space with timeless colors and textures without compromising on practicality and budget.
This type of flooring comes with myriad options and a versatility of designs, to replicate the sophisticated, natural finish of mosaic, stone, wood and tile.
Merits of Installing Floating Vinyl Plank Flooring
Floating vinyl plank flooring can keep looking good for years and years, without requiring additional polish work or regular maintenance hassles. Function and efficiency are guaranteed when you choose floating vinyl plank flooring.
- It can be installed virtually over any smooth surface. If there is a concrete subfloor, it should be 6 weeks old without any residue or flaking on the surface. Wood subfloors must be level, without high or low spots.
- Floating vinyl plank flooring has varied designs available, that look like authentic good quality hardwood, but are more durable and can withstand high moisture areas due to increased durability and water resistance.
- Save on installation time with the floating floor technology that requires minimal preparation. Installation of floating vinyl plank flooring for an average room can take about a few hours.
- Maintenance of your floating vinyl plank flooring is a breeze if you follow a simple maintenance plan that includes sweeping or dust mopping and avoiding exposure to direct sunlight for long hours.
- Floating vinyl plank flooring is a great choice for areas with high traffic, whether above or below grade.
- Higher flexibility of vinyl floating floors makes it easy to conceal the imperfections of the flooring underneath the planks.
Learn more about floating vinyl plank flooring – the ultimate development in painless vinyl installation.
Discount Flooring Liquidators
401 South 32nd Street
Louisville, KY 40212